Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It' been awhile, a lot has happened

Well here I am again writing down my thoughts and feelings. For what reason? Hopefully to keep family/friends updated, hopefully to get advice from other moms, and to strengthen my faith in our Heavenly Father.

Since I wrote last::

  • Daniel got laid off
  • The kids and I moved to Phoenix Arizona
  • We went to church for the first time in over a year
  • Daniel got another job (starts soon) and continues to go to school and maintain his 4.0 GPA
  • Korie is trying to walk and cut her first tooth
  • Brooklyn is refusing to sleep in her bed, just wants to be in Tyler's 
  • Tyler is learning that there are consequences for his actions (got his video game taken away for being rude and getting up at 1am to play it and woke the girls up till 4am)
  • The kids met their cousins (Daniels brother Nile's kids Kylee and Kayden)


Lets start off with Daniel getting laid off. He called me two days before leaving Arizona to come get the kids and myself in Texas and said I have really bad news. I thought to myself, "Oh no, what could go wrong?" ohhhh nothing but one of the worst things. He said "my boss just told me that his dad said he had to let me go" and proceeded to tell me how the boss' son got to stay and that "he's really sorry."
I wanted to cry, how were we going to make it with three kids and the both of us? Well I prayed prayed and prayed some more. I didn't get a clear answer other than the bible verse "pray about everything, worry about nothing" -Philippians 4:6.
So without too much worry he headed to Texas, before even getting out of Arizona he needed an oil change, that cost $50 more than expected. And half way here he called saying "babe, the truck is doing it again" meaning not even a full year before we put in over $4000 in the truck to fix the spark plugs, o2 sensors, and much more. He finished driving the whole 16 hour drive in one night and got to my parents house at 8am. He took a couple hour nap and off to Firestone we went. We went there the year prior to get all of the work i had mentioned done. They said that nothing was the same as the year prior and that we would have to pay $900 for the labor, parts, and fluids. Did i mention he got an oil change done right before he got out of AZ?!? Well looking at the receipt I found out that IT WAS FOR ALL THE SAME STUFF!!! We spent 4 hours at Firestone, Sonic was right next door (and I used 4 coupons for our lunch and the total for all 4 of us to eat, including drinks, was $8.13) yay me haha.
We left firestone, went to U-haul where we had reservations to get our trailer to pull behind the truck at 3pm. We get there, the kids are all asleep in the back seat, so Daniel goes in alone. he comes out about 45 minutes later, Im bored and tired of being in the truck at this point and he said "well do you remember me getting a ticket in Killeen using a big U-haul truck?"I said "no we used a big truck for about 5 hours one time and we returned it in the same condition and inside their fence."
Well here comes another obstacle in our move. They wanted $40 for a parking ticket that was issued to them, but since Daniel was the last renter they blocked his name, 3 YEARS LATER!!!!! Seriously, is this really happening to us?!?!
Yes of course it is. But no worries right? Our faith and marriage was being tested BIG TIME!
We drove to the main office in the city, found out they couldn't do anything for us, drove back to the building that we had the reservation at, and paid the fee, and paid the rental for the trailer.
Incase you have lost track of time, its after dinner time by now.
We drove 2 miles to my parents house, trailed being pulled. I open the trailer and to my surprise, ITD FILTHY DIRTY!!!! I mean, mud, dirt, used band-aid, broken tote, paper, remains of a water hose possibly, and just plain nastiness.

 I was furious, I took pictures of every inch, and took a picture of the mess with me holding our contract in front of it. I was not going to be blamed for this disaster by any means. I then proceeded to call customer service. The lady was super nice and said "ma'am go ahead and clean it and then when you drop it off tell them of the problem, and I am putting a note on your contract that you have called me about this issue. And if they do not satisfy your requests then call back and we will file a cooperate complaint." I was happy with that. It took me about a half hour to clean the trailer while Daniel watched the kids and finished packing the remaining small stuff.
By the time that we finished packing and my parents brought us Burger King it was well after 8pm. Bedtime for the kids, and both of us have had enough of the troubles. This was not our first big move so this wasn't new to us, just the stress was NOT there with the first 2 big moves.
We went to Hillsboro and stayed at the Motel 6, AMAZING HOTEL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!! We were just too tired to go anymore, and was going to stop in Killeen anyway since we were stopping to see Sophie (my step daughter).
This is Sophie (I was waiting to introduce her till now)
She just turned 6 today!!!!

We get up early that morning and head to breakfast and then to Killeen, after driving two hours there and five hours of trying to get the arrangements to see her we drive on post and see her.
Before we left Killen Daddy got Tyler a late Christmas present.... 
A NITENDO DS!!!! (this kept him occupied all the way to Arizona!)


We leave Ft. Hood/Killeen and are on our way. Daniel and I talk about how we know that this is all a test of our faith and marriage and how the devil is trying to do his best to make us not be together.
As soon as we talk about that and the kids fall asleep after screaming and crying for a good 20 minutes we see a rainbow. A GREAT SIGN FROM GOD THAT HE IS ALWAYS THERE!
We ended up going all the way out to Ft. Stockton TX. Yet again we stayed at another amazing Motel 6!! It was sooo cold outside and we were under a "winter weather advisory" and had ice everywhere!
We got up uber early and packed up the kids and went down to the truck. What other obstacle could happen at a hotel? I LOCKED THE KEY IN THE ROOM!!! Oh brother! Yes, we are off to another bad start, but I get it all worked out and everything was better. We checked out, got gas and was on the road again. We make it about 150 miles and still ice, we hit black ice three times and proclaimed one more time we were pulling over, so we went to a McDonalds and let the kids play while the sun melted the ice and they released some energy. It just wasnt safe as it was raining and the rain turned into ice before the wipers could get it off!

  Left there and was on our way, no more storm, and we made it to Phoenix!!!!! yay!!! 
Here is Tyler standing in front of the mountain.

Here are some pictures from Phoenix so far!!

This is Tyler's chicken: Ugly




Tyler loves running around 

Brook begs to go outside

The wild flowers are beautiful!!


So this is until next time (hopefully tomorrow haha) 
Heather Page







No comments:

Post a Comment